Recently, Bruce McDuffee of the Manufacturing Marketing Institute asked me to participate in a podcast called Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Your Marketing. Here’s some of what Bruce asked – and what you’ll hear us discuss if you have time to listen.
- What are some important considerations a manufacturer should look at when they are trying to decide if they should or should not outsource marketing or a portion of their marketing?
- What are the risks a manufacturer should be aware of with outsourcing?
- What are the possible gains a manufacturer could realize from outsourcing?
- Let’s say there’s a manufacturing marketing leader out there who has decided they are ready to outsource. What are the first steps to take? Is there a process they should go through?
- The biggest question on the minds of some listeners might be, “How do I find the right agency for me?” Could you offer some advice on finding a best fit agency?
- How about pitfalls? I’m sure there are some folks out there who have had bad experiences with outsourcing. What are 3 to 5 pitfalls to look out for when outsourcing marketing?
Finally, here are five questions I hope that that manufacturers will ask themselves when making a decision about whether or not to outsource their content marketing.
- What is the specific work that you want to accomplish?
- What is the frequency of the particular marketing activity?
- Do you have an in-house resource that can do the work?
- What is the cost for us to do the same work in-house?
- What is the opportunity cost to do it in-house?
I hope you’ll find this podcast helpful, and encourage you to contact Thunderbolt Business Services with questions about whether or not to outsource your content marketing.